Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Woeful Wednesday

I've been packing. And packing. I am reminded why it is so lovely to have the Navy move you. They would have this time except we are "breaking our lease," even though they told us we could move out whenever. Who knows. (I'm sure all you other military wives are just shaking your heads...I know.)
I am also packing up my classroom. It is always a sad thing, but again, we're usually moving because of the Navy, and this time it's by choice. A choice that is logical and best, but difficult nonetheless. I haven't told many of my co-workers or kids, but the word is getting around. I've been at this school in this classroom for three years, so it's been a lot of weeding out what's mine and what belongs to the school. Each book, folder, or game brings back memories of when I read it or played it....
Hubby's been out of town, his grandmother passed away. He'll be back tonight, and then crunch time begins. We close on our new house Friday!

2 comments:

Nola said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby's grandmother.
You are in for a few busy weeks packing, moving, unpacking! Can't wait to see photos of the new house when you get all settled in!

me said...

OK...I have moved twice in the last 6 weeks...and no Navy men came and helped me!!! =D hee hee

Hang in there! You will be enjoying your new home soon!

**hugs**