Monday, November 30, 2009
My dad teaches college. He shared a story with me he always tells his students on the first day of classes. He asks them to imagine their lives as a long lake. Would you rather cross the lake in a rowboat or a canoe? After discussing the pros and cons, he impresses upon them that we should strive to cross the lake of life in a canoe. While canoes may be more unsteady and take more effort, you are facing forward. In the rowboat, you are facing backward looking back on things that are in the past.
I hope you are all in canoes!
Monday, November 23, 2009
2. I am very busy. I did complete one more class this week, however. Special Ed law...I will not miss you.
3. I sent a child home with lice today.
4. I think we found a church. We're going to Sunday School and everything.
5. One more day til Thanksgiving break!
6. I still haven't finished the quilt for the opening to my classroom.
7. There's a car that sits about a block away from my school. After seeing it there for a couple of days in a row, I began to wonder what it was doing....a spy for the principal to see how often I'm late? Nope...she's the crossing guard!
8. I missed Pioneer Woman on her book tour through OKC.
9. I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm taking another interpreters test Dec. 13th.
10. I have no idea what to get my husband for Christmas.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
I finally met the little lady across the street from us. She'll be 85 soon. She has four children, but doesn't seem very well taken care of. Sad.
I wonder if my daughter will ever change?
Why are kids so fascinated with knowing their teacher's first names?
How exactly do first graders know how to pole dance (Yep, had to stop a couple a few weeks ago)?
Sunday, November 1, 2009
This is the shadow box hubby received. They did a most excellent job in placing everything. There is a flag coming that was flown over Baghdad that will have a certificate and everything. Just wasn't here in time. How neato is that!?
For those of you that know my husband, he will no longer be shaving or getting his hair cut. If you'd like to follow the hair saga, check his Facebook page.