Sunday, January 16, 2011

Long Weekend

It's been a nice long weekend for me. DH is out of town for a conference, and my son started working! We're so proud of him. His first job, and Tuesday he'll be getting his license, so he can drive himself. He wasn't too keen on my taking a picture of him in his Whataburger uniform, so you'll have to take my word that he looked handsome.
I made some magnets with the flat marbles. This is my favorite one, though in the picture it looks as if she has smallpox or something.
This is another fav, though one of the first I made and I didn't put a plain white card stock circle behind the printed paper, so you can kind of see the magnet, but it makes for a better picture.
We got my son a car. While looking for him a car, I found one I wanted, too. It's convertible!! And sooo cute. Only one person can ride with me, though. So my son and I were wondering today, if you're in England and the steering column is on the left side of the car, is the gear shift reversed? Jill? Do you know?I was marveling while emptying the dishwasher at how many Fuzzy's cups we have. I think my DH likes it just a little! haha....there were three more in the dishwasher, and who knows how many he has in his office!
Oh, and you see that stained glass in the background!? My step-mom made it for me for Christmas. I love, love, love it!

Did I tell you I'm going to Jamaica this summer!? I'll be going with the Caribbean Christian Centre for the Deaf. We'll be staying a week, and I can hardly wait!

Classes start this week, will be interviewing some parents of D/deaf children. If you're interested, let me know!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love those magnets! I need to try my hand at those. I've seen them on a few different craft sites.

It would be much better than the Fisher price letter magnets we have right now. I'm sure our kids know the alphabet well enough now that we can trade up. ;)