Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Safari of Success

Today was the first day of school. We all survived. My feet are killing me. I woke up early and jogged outside on the ground. Not the same as the good ol' treadmill. Ouch.

I worked like crazy to get my schedule started and updated my new class list, and on the inevitable new kids.

Our school has a school-wide theme every year, and this year we are on the "Safari to Success!" Each person or grade level picks an animal. I picked the hippo. My daughter and I have an ongoing joke about hippos. She's afraid of them.
How do you like my bulletin board!? Is he cute or what?








Then there's this gal. She's leftover from last time (we repeat the themes every few years). Talk about a cutie. Dontcha love her paw print bikini!?
Oh yeah, good times!

4 comments:

Eve said...

It sounds like you are going to have a fun and fulfilling year. : ) Teachers are the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. She is cute. What a fun idea. Thanks for taking the time to make your classroom inviting. You rock.

Mrs. Hatten said...

I'm digging the paw print bikini. I think I'm going to have to get me one of those...

PJ said...

We start next week! Have a wonderful year. And I agree Torres ROCKS!! She beat a 16 year old!!! I would swim about as fast as that hippo in the cool bikini! LOL