Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tattoo

I want a tattoo. Sometimes. But, there are many reasons why I don't have one. First, I'm chicken. That first needle would hit me and I'd scream like the girl I am and ask them to stop. Secondly, I'm kind of fickle and I don't know exactly what I want, I mean I know right now, but would I still like it in 5, 10, 20, 40 years? Hmmm. Plus, I want it on the top of my foot, and that's gotta hurt even worse and how professional would I look as a teacher with a big tat on the top of my foot? Doing my research that's a bad place to get one. I signed up to go on Miami Ink...woulda been a great girls trip. We had big plans....can't wimp out on TV...but, they never called. So, I don't have one. And now that I'm old, I probably never will.

But lately, I've seen these designs 'etched' in to hair:




Do they freehand them? Is there flash you can look at to decide what design you want? This would be a great alternative for me!! I could have what ever struck me at the moment, and wouldn't have to worry whether I'd continue to like it or not because it'll be grown out in a few weeks anyway. But I think the key here is having pretty short hair in the first place, and I'm not sure I'd look all that great with a buzz cut.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I just found out about white ink tattoos - there's a white ink Flickr pool for them if you want to see what I mean. I have 2 tattoos (one on my foot - and yes, it DID HURT!!!), and I'd love more, but DH is not fond of them. I might be able to convince him that one of these is OK. Now, it doesn't solve your pain issue, or your dilemma about whether or not you'd like it in 20 years, but it would not be a noticable tattoo... just something to think about!

Mrs. Hatten said...

Oh girl...do you remember the time you went with me to get a cover-up of that pitiful butterfly I got when I was 17? That was an interesting time in my life. Well, I just got a new one and I'm loving it. If you can give birth, you can get a tattoo. It just feels like someone's giving you an indian burn--remember those from elementary school? You know, when someone wrings your arm like it's a wet towel? Anyway, go for it! Let me decide what you get...and post a picture, too! :-)

kapgar said...

They still do scalp "carvings"? Really? I thought that went out in the 80s. Maybe early 90s at the latest.

I, too, want a tattoo, but I want another. I have one. It's not the needles that are keeping me from it. It's the inability to decide what I want.

Lisa Mooney said...

You have, have, have to get one, everyone's doing it! Did I peer pressure you at all? Trust me, Kaley is the biggest wimp around, and she did it no problem, and even wants another one. I didn't think it hurt at all. There's my two cents worth. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I have two tattoo ideas I want... but I'm scared of the pain too!! :)

Unknown said...

I'm a lawyer with a tattoo on my foot. It can be easily hidden. For more on tattoos and Miami Ink, visit my blog: www.victoriasrighthip.typepad.com/