Monday, February 18, 2008

Divorce

Someone that I really care about is having marital difficulties. I don't know what advice to give her anymore. I know what I would have said a few years ago, but as we get older, we see things from a different view. You realize you have no earthly idea what you are promising when you get married if you are young and/or desperate. You don't really know who you are yet, let alone who someone else is. Then there are children that inevitably come along and complicate matters. It is hard work and sacrifice. It's not always fun, and you cry. I don't know what to say to her. I want her to be content like I am. I just don't know if it can happen in the current situation. But I know if it changes, it will be much worse before it gets better. I've been there. I am sad.

No comments: