Monday, June 9, 2008

Head Ick

That's what my son used to call a headache. I have head icks. Migraines. I vividly remember my first migraine, almost 20 years ago. It was excruciating, I was even sick to my stomach and eventually threw up. I felt much better after that. Luckily, I have some good drugs now. Maxalt. It really helps the pain. Initially it makes me very sleepy, so I was in bed by 8:30 last night. The bad part is, a few hours later, I can't sleep. Last night, I vacillated between fitful bouts of sleep dreaming about a selvage quilt, and untold minutes of staring at the ceiling listening to my dog's stomach growl and hoping the air conditioner would come on. Then the next day it either starts all over, which is infrequent, or I have what I've dubbed a medicine hangover. Unfortunately today may be one of those infrequent days, I have a little niggle behind my right eye.
Tons O' Fun!

Maybe Vince McMahon will call me tonight and say that I have won! My luck it would be the $2.00 prize!

Update on the Autism Walk: Over 4,500 people were there and we raised $168,373! Ya-hoo!

2 comments:

Jess said...

My hubby gets migraines. YUCK!!! How cool about how much money you all raised. WAY TO GO!!!!

Mrs. Hatten said...

Geez--I didn't realize you have migraines. Jon gets medicine hangovers, too, with any kind of medicine. He can't take an Advil Cold and Sinus without falling fast asleep. If he took anything stronger he'd be in a coma! Oh, and tell Rick that after three kids the abs aren't six pack material...it looks as if I have had one too many six packs. :-)