Monday, March 31, 2008

Verbose

Word of the Day for Saturday, March 29, 2008

excrescence \ik-SKRESS-uhn(t)s\, noun:


1. Something (especially something abnormal) growing out from something else. 2. A disfiguring or unwanted mark, part, or addition.


LOL!!! I am signed up for dictionary.com's word of the day, I know, I'm a dork. This was a funny one.

My son is an OCD kinda guy sometimes....he gets stuck on something and that's the topic of conversation until he decides to move on. When he was little it was "If I drop this will it break?" and now it is "Is this healthy food?" Off the top of my head I can't think of any others we have entertained over the years, but during our ice storm break and Christmas break, he was on this word kick, so we came up with a "Word for the Day." The first one was persnickety from the Sargento commercial "Persnickety people, great cheese" or something like that. Here's out list:

What great words/sentences can you come up with?

1 comment:

calicodaisy said...

I am quite verbose. Even as I am talking, sometimes, I am thinking, "Just stop!" - but I can't. I saw your post on dallas' site and couldn't resist another Michele/Michelle. We have the same blog template, too.