Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quilts!

This is the first quilt I ever made. Funny how the fabrics look so dated now...

I quilted it by hand (pieced by machine). Took forever.


I have a problem with colors/fabrics. I loved these fabrics, and I thought they would work together nicely, but I don't like it. I do everything by machine now. Call me lazy. It's OK.


What I do like is the back:

Better than the front, huh?

This is a birthday cake quilt from Mary Lou Weidman's book.
LoVe iT! Happy Birthday to you....


This is the quilt I made for my husband, he loves blue! This is on our bed. The white against the blue is really great, but the white is really not great with the dogs.....sigh!


This is a heirloom quilt that is from my husband family. Names of family members and their spouses are embroidered in the white spaces.

I may try to duplicate it someday with 'our' family.

The next I'm going to get brave and try it free motion quilting rather than stitching 'in the ditch.'

2 comments:

Hello Kelli said...

I keep forgetting to show you my new quilt!! It was in my car today! It's our wedding quilt...my mom usually has 23 projects at once...so its done now! A fellow quilt maker and lover will appreciate it! Remind me next time!

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

They are all so nice and pretty!

I got a new quilt from Christmas. My mom made it ,and I can tell that she worked so hard. Your post made me think about showing it on my blog some time soon. :)